Nonprofits that help nonprofits (NTHNs) ... That's what I call nonprofit organizations/services that provide no- and/or low-cost resources to other nonprofit organizations.
Yesterday, I discovered a new, much-needed NTHN: Bolder Advocacy. This resource is a project of Alliance For Justice (AFJ, another great NTHN).
Bolder Advocacy provides nonprofit organizations and foundations with information about:
- the power of advocacy, and
- how to harness that power.
This site is a wealth of information. Some of my favorite features:
- the Bolder Advocacy Blog (Check out Warren Buffet and the Billionaires, by Sue Hoechstetter.)
- Bolder Advocacy's toolkits - on both advocacy and organizing
- "Ask-An-Expert" - one-on-one technical assistance that can be accessed by email or phone.
From Bolder Advocacy's website: "As public policy debates are increasingly dominated by wealthy and powerful special interests, it is more important than ever for nonprofit advocates to understand how best to influence decision-makers and serve their communities."
Alliance for Justice: